Cloud Gaming is still in it’s infancy, compared to consoles and PC gaming, however the various cloud gaming services are improving at a rapid pace. Following on the heels of Stadia and xCloud, Amazon has announced that Amazon Luna now supports virtual controllers on a smartphone as well. By downloading the Amazon Luna app, you can use your smartphone as a controller with a virtual controller on the touch screen. The great thing is, this works for guests too. Here’s how it works, per Amazon:
To set up a Luna Phone Controller:
- Go to the appstore on your mobile device and install the Luna Controller app.
- Sign into your Amazon account.
- Select Play With Phone Controller.
The next time you’re ready to play, just follow these steps:
- Open the Luna app on a compatible device, such as a compatible Fire TV, PC, or Mac.
- Open the Luna Controller app on your mobile device.
- Select Launch under your virtual controller and wait for your controller to connect to Luna.
- Use the virtual controller to select the game you want to play and launch it.
Guests can also download the Luna Controller app and join in on the gameplay.